Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Party like it's hawt!


On Saturday (May 16th), A.R. threw me a party to celebrate my graduation and it was a beautiful day outside. The person who traveled the farthest to attend was my brother, P.T., from St. Petersburg, Florida. He had quite a time getting here, too. His connecting flight from Newark into Hartford was cancelled and he ended up having to fly into Providence to get here while his luggage conveniently traveled to Hartford. WTF? Thanks for coming big brudder and I can't wait to see you again soon!

I also hosted my grandmother as a guest in our home for the first time. I was a bundle of nerves as she is quite old fashioned and on top of all the proper etiquette you should display. I hope I didn't offend her too badly, but I think she had a blast...she cried when she saw our house, she was so proud.

We kicked off the party by pigging out and watching the Preakness on TV. Go Baby Go! The favorite, a filly, won. A.R. burnt no less then a half of dozen hotdogs into oblivion while trying to figure out our new grill and quickly turned the cooking over to his older brother, M.R. Don't worry Babe, you'll figure it out sooner or later (hopefully sooner, than later!). Muah! I didn't drink too much because I was exhausted already and we had to get up early for the ceremony on Sunday.
My cake...red velvet with cream cheese frosting to match school colors (red & white):

My friend (& fellow graduate) and I acting silly:

My brother & I acting silly:

Some of my guests:

Some guests earlier in the party:Y, me, and P celebrating:
A.R. & I celebrating he is next up in 2011 with his MS in Computer Science:

0 comments:

Post a Comment