Monday, May 02, 2011

My 1st Blogger Award: Versatile Blogger


I just received my first blogger award!  I received "The Versatile Blogger Award" from Selina over at Urban Granola.  I was so excited when she left me a comment to tell me about the award and couldn't wait to share it with my readers.  Thank you, Selina, for the recognition and for reading my blog.
Anyone receiving the Versatile Blogger Award must follow the rules to pay it forward, if you will. The rules are as follows:

1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
2. Tell your readers seven (7) things about yourself.
3. Give this award to fifteen (15) recently discovered bloggers.
4. Contact those bloggers and let them in on the exciting news.

I like paying it forward, so I will definitely participate and share this award with others.  Now, here are 7 things about myself you may or may not already know:

1. I had a mole removed from my cheek when I was 5 and I still have a scar from it.  It could've been my "Cindy Crawford" mole and made me famous, but alas it was removed due to some changes in it and found to be benign.

2. I cried when I listened to our 1st dance wedding song (Book of Love by Peter Gabriel) and my Father/Daughter dance song (I Loved Her First by Heartland) when I was suprised to find our old wedding CD in the Camry's CD player while I drove to NH yesterday to meet some gal friends who coincidentally also got married in September of 2008.  A.R. usually drives the Camry now, so it was super sweet that he even still listens to that CD 2 1/2 years after our wedding. :)

3. I enjoy gardening and while I'm quite successful with our vegetable garden, I suck at growing flowers.  The tulips I planted by our mailbox are all lying on their sides!  I've killed ferns and most recently a pine tree my mother sent us for our yard.  In my defense, the tulips I planted under the fence in our yard are all upright. Dang it!

4. I love to travel and never feel complete without another trip itinerary in the works.  Our next voyage will be a camping trip in July with my in-laws (if my brother-in-law actually books it correctly this year) and then we're going on a cruise in August to Bermuda!

5. I graduated highschool at 16 with my GED and started going to college.  I double majored and had two Associate degrees (Accounting and Business Administration) by the time I was 19.  Then, it took me another 5 years to finally get my Bachelor's in Accounting (I worked full-time and went to school part-time, plus I moved from NC to CT in the middle of it all).  In 2009, I graduated with my MBA.

6. I was born in Attleboro, MA and moved south to NC when I was in the 5th grade. I didn't move back to New England to CT until I was 21.

7. I love all animals (except snakes) and rode horses competitively when I was a teenager.  My first love and specialty was Dressage and Eventing, but I did it all: rodeo (goat tying), western, hunt seat, and jumping.  I also bred my horse, Hartwin, and trained and sold him myself just before I got married.  I'm horse-less right now, but hope to get back into riding someday.  (Here's hoping Miss M likes horses and animals like her Mama!)

And without further delay here are the blogs that I would like to pay it forward to and award the Versatile Blogger Award in no particular order:

1. Cinderella and Princess Charming
2. ...Into The Womb
3.  Not-So-Newlywed Adventures
4. Three Legged Race
5. C is for Chocolate and Cheese
6. Newlyweds!
7. Pieces of Me
8. P, little B, and J
9. Simply Nesting
10. Life on 19th
11. Loving Baby M
12. Life with Mrs. T
13. Seriously!?
14. Growing a Lemon
15. City Love

3 comments:

Momma J said...

Congratulations! That's awesome.

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm glad you're much less of a procrastinator than I am, lol!

And WOW! You were quite ambitious in high school/college! WTG!

I can't wait to check out the blogs you've passed the award on to! Now off to discover some new blogs!

The New Mrs said...

I have to admit, I didn't know many of these things! And I am so jealous of your Bermuda cruise!

Post a Comment