Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I am figuring out this green thumb thing


Our vegetable garden is starting to thrive now that the sun has decided to return to the Northeast AND I fought and won the battle of the weeds over the last two weekends. The slugs are staying away now and my only looming threat is the baby bunny who is starting to eat the squash leaves (any suggestions?). I'll take some pictures of the new and improved garden soon. Everything (Cucumbers, Dixie Squash, Butternut Squash, beans, tomatoes, watermelon, and pumpkin) are blooming like crazy but no baby vegetables yet.

My new found green thumb can also be seen by the flowers blooming on our porch. Check-out my very first Gladiolus bloom...gorgeous. I'm so proud of it! A.R. loves it and wants me to plant them all along the lattice work on our porch and ya know? I. Just. Might. I have some bulbs leftover, but I'm not sure if they'd still grow. I think I have to wait until the fall to plant them now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment