Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Day At the Beach


Last Saturday A.R. and I took a trip to Massachusetts to take my grandmother to the beach. After such a mild and rainy summer we lucked out with a perfect day. My very first trip to the beach was with my grandmother when I was a tiny girl and I've been in love ever since. We go to Horseneck Beach in Westport, MA. The parking is quick and easy, the water is clear, there are bathrooms and a food stand just off the beach, and there are lifeguards there from sun up to dusk. I remember running through the sand dunes as a little girl but they are now fenced off and protected.
My grandmother stopped driving this month and she needed to get out of the house and feel like she was free again. She has macular degenerative disease and is slowly going blind and losing her independence. It was great to make my first appearance at the beach this summer while cheering my grandmother up at the same time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment