Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Three Years Ago Today...


I said, "I do!"  I cannot believe it has been three years already and yet I can.  I can truly say that A.R. is my soulmate and he completes me.  He makes the good parts of me better and accepts my flaws (sometimes with gritted teeth :p).  We complete each other's thoughts and have silent all-telling smiles between us.  He is the father of my beautiful daughter, my best friend, my lover.  Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for sending him my way. 

I'll never forget the first time I laid eyes on him as I rode down the escalator into the main lobby where we both work.  He was pacing nervously back and forth and then stopped for an instant and looked up at me.  At that moment, I knew.  I knew my life was going to be different and better.  It seems silly to think that one quick glance changed everything, but it did.  Everything else was a blur of slow motion as I stepped off that escalator that day and heard the first words he spoke to me, "You must be Heather!"  After a two and a half hour lunch date our fates were sealed.  Now, here we are with a family, a house, two dogs, and three years post wedding...I think we forgot the picket fence along the way, but I think it's safe to say that A.R. is my home and I'm totally in love and smitten with him, like I was on the day we first met.  Happy Anniversary, Babe.  You truly do complete me. 




 

0 comments:

Post a Comment