Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pork with Spicy Orange Cranberry Sauce


YUM to the E is this recipe from my new diabetic cook book!  A.R. was recently diagnosed as prediabetic/diabetic and he has had to get serious about making changes in his diet to regulate his blood sugars.  It's been a hard adjustment for him, but he's making progress and since he now has to take his blood sugar levels 5 times a week (three nights and two mornings) it has helped to see how various foods effect the readings.  I received this cook book from a friend and coworker of mine who is also diabetic as a pleasant surprise one day.  I'm really greatful to her for the tips and advice she has given to me as I am the primary chef in our household and I prefer to keep A.R. around a lot longer to watch Mariela grow up with all his limbs in tact.  His doctor scared him into taking positive steps forward by saying he literally is risking limbs now if he doesn't start taking care of himself- which translates to him not being able to walk Mariela down the aisle one day in his head.  I'll take the scare tactic since nothing I've said has seemed to sink in!  Making changes in my cooking hasn't been difficult yet, but I still have a lot to learn about it.  So far, A.R. doesn't have to take insulin, but we'll know more about that and his prognosis after his follow-up next month with his primary care physician.


Pork with Spicy Orange Cranberry Sauce

0 comments:

Post a Comment