Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My 1st Mother's Day


My first Mother's Day was amazing. It felt so weird to be on the "mom" side of things this year. I LOVE being a Mom even with the sleep deprivation, Mariela's fussy times, the mustard poops, and shirts that now smell like milk and spit-up. It is the single most rewarding thing to watch my little girl smile, gurgle, and coo at me after her naps and watching my husband interact with his Princess brings tears to my eyes. He is already whipped by this little person and so am I!
My girl & I on Mother's Day
Mariela and her Dad conspired together to get me a gift certificate to a local spa where they want me to take a half day break from Mommyhood and enjoy a massage, facial, manicure, and pedicure. I can't wait to take advantage of it even if I'll feel a little guilty leaving my girl for some me time. My aching back needs the massage after carrying M around...come to find out 11 lbs 6 ounces (as of April 30th) of dead weight really can take a toll on your back muscles! The card Alexi gave me was so sweet it made me cry :). He put the envelope in M's bassinet and on the outside wrote, "This is heavy Mom. Please pick it up!!" so I'd find it when she woke up for her 7am feeding. Too cute! On the gift certificate A.R. wrote it like Mariela was speaking and said that he'd take care of her a.k.a they'd be hanging out at Grandma's house. I think my hubby might be a little intimidated to watch Mariela on his own for awhile! Awww.
M showing off for Mom on Mother's Day
Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there...Birthmoms, adoptive moms, moms-to-be, fur baby moms, and those that hope to be a mom someday soon!!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Aww so sweet!! I'm glad you had a great first mother's day!!

Post a Comment