Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Shrimp Scampi Twice Baked Potatoes


I've been trying to eat seafood at least once a week since I got pregnant as it is great for the development of the baby's brain development (rumor has it the Omega 3 fatty acids make little ones super smart) and other organs. I also want to learn how to cook seafood (mainly shrimp) myself, so I bought a frozen box of shrimp scampi from Sam's Club to start and decided to play with the recipes on the back of the box. Tonight I made the Shrimp Scampi Twice Baked Potatoes and they came out AWESOME! Even A.R, who isn't a huge fish eater, devoured a couple when he got home from school and said that he could eat shrimp like that every so often without a problem. I did find the finished potato a bit greasy, so next time I'll use less of the scampi sauce. The recipe was quick and easy to make, too.
Recipe:
1 box of shrimp scampi (I just used 1/3 of the box for the two of us)
2 large baking potatoes (I used 4 smaller ones)
1 cup cheddar cheese
1/4 sour cream (I ran out of sour cream, so I tried cream cheese instead and it worked well)
pepper to taste
~I also added some salt and butter to the potato mixture but it probably wasn't needed
1. Wash and poke potatoes a few times with a fork and microwave for 10 minutes until cooked thoroughly (I discovered our awesome microwave has a sensored baked potato one touch button, SWEET!).

2. While potatoes are cooking, cook shrimp 8 minutes in a skillet. Once cooked, separate the shrimp from the sauce and take off the tails.

3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. After the potatoes are done cooking, halve them and scoop out the potato insides into a small bowl. Combine the scampi sauce from the skillet with the potatos in the bowl and then add in cheese and sour cream. Add pepper to taste.
5. Add the shrimp to the potato mixture and mix thoroughly. Spoon the shrimp and potato mixture into the halves of the potatoes and then bake for 10 minutes until tops begin to golden.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment