Saturday, October 19, 2013

Absentee Blogger


Eek! Six months has passed with not a single post.  That six months has both flown and dragged by and I wanted to post many times, but just never got fingers to keyboard.  I think now that I'm on maternity leave I'll have a few chances to try to catch up or at least try to before another hiatus when baby 3.0 arrives (any day now- I'm due Oct 22 just 3 days from now) and the sleep deprivation and adjustment from 2 to 3 kids becomes a reality.  I'm terrified of that adjustment and what it will entail just to put it out there...E is still so young and the closer age gap between him and 3.0 has my anxiety high. Hopefully, my fears are unfounded since the adjustment from 2-3 wasn't nearly as bad as I had anticipated.

A breakdown of the last 6 months:

~ Baby 3.0 is a BOY!
~ E turned one back in June and started walking a month later.
~ We discovered that E has severe food allergies to egg and dairy and we now carry epi pens with us everywhere.  It's been quite the eye opening parenting experience for us.
~ I passed my gestational diabetes tests this pregnancy with flying colors!
~ My mother-in-law was diagnosed with breast cancer and began chemotherapy after undergoing surgery to remove the tumors.
~ M and E had to start at daycare/preschool with my mother-in-law's diagnosis which was quite a change for them and for her.
~ I got to travel to NYC for a training session for 4 days in September for work.  It was a great break for me from home and an excellent opportunity for my career advancement.
~ We ripped up the carpet in our foyer, living room, and dining room and installed hardwood floors and then got the brilliant idea to put in window and crown molding in the formal living and dining rooms and wainscoting in the dining room.  It's still under construction 6 months later...
~ M got a new big girl princess room complete with crown, headboard canopy, and her favorite Disney princess silhouettes.
~ E also got a new bedroom (so we can recycle the nursery for 3.0) as well

I hope to elaborate on some of the above events in the near future assuming I don't take another unintentional hiatus after writing this post. :)  I make no promises, though!


0 comments:

Post a Comment