Thursday, October 24, 2013

10 Things I Won't Miss About Being Pregnant


I'm currently 40 weeks and 2 days pregnant and completely D.O.N.E. with it despite this being my final pregnancy.  I know I will miss being pregnant- the inside baby kicks, the belly bump arm rest, the ability to snack a bit more guilt free, and watching my current Littles kiss my growing bump and try to find my stretched out belly button.  As much as I have enjoyed, feared, questioned this pregnancy (that I wasn't quite ready for mentally) I am so ready to meet this little guy and welcome him into our family. I never thought I'd make it past 40 weeks with a 4th baby and while I should be relishing in these last few days of pregnancy, I'm quite the crabby pregnant lady and I'm ready to hold him and kiss him and hug him.  I crave butterfly kisses and newborn baby smell.

With these thoughts I bring you the top 10 things I won't miss about being pregnant whether it's the first pregnancy or fourth!

10. Waking up with numb arms from shoulder to finger tip.  It is the worst feeling to have a limp arm and it's usually the arm that's on top and not the one I'm laying on!!

9. Middle of the night calve Charlie Horses.  I know these happen to some women when they aren't pregnant, but not this girl.  God Bless you if you deal with them regularly.  I limp for a couple of days when I get them.

8. "Snissing".  If you don't know what this is- Google it.  It's a gross, but common pregnant woman occurrence.

7. Being hot all the time.  I'm still wearing flip flops and capris and it's only 55 out today and the leaves are falling off the trees.  I sleep with the A/C on, our ceiling fan, AND no covers while A.R. shivers next to me.  I think he  actually misses me putting my cold feet on him to warm myself up.  I'm so hot, my body heat makes him sweat at night.

6. Cankles. Swollen calves. Swollen fingers.  Swelling in general.

5. Lightening crotch...for those that are blissfully unaware of this sensation:  think of it like someone stabbing you or almost an electrical shock from the inside.  It's really the baby hitting/kicking/poking your cervix.  It can take your breathe away and stop a woman dead in her tracks from walking.

4.  Having to get up to pee 4 times a night at least in the last few weeks.  Once a night wasn't bad, but 4 is awful- it's basically every 2 hours of "OMGifIdon'tgetupnowI'llpeemyself" urges.  I'd much rather be up 4 nights snuggling a newborn!

3. Peeing in a cup.  Enough said.

2.  The immense pubic pain every time I get up from sitting or lying down for any period of time.  Or if I try to lift my leg to get in the car or climb stairs or roll over in bed.  It makes me gasp every single time and my chiropractor hasn't been able to help.  My best explanation is that it feels like someone is taking a hand saw to my pubic bone.

1.  The following comments:  "You're STILL pregnant?!", "OMG, you will never make it to your due date!" (guess what?!  I not only made it to my due date, I passed it.  Where's my trophy?!), "Are you SURE it isn't twins?!", "How far along are you" (This is when I admit the actual date and get a blank stare or gasp and comment #2 above.), "When is the baby coming?" (If I knew, I would have had him evicted 3 days ago!).  "Is this your first?" to which I reply no, my third and I either get a dumb stare or an "OH my, you have your hands full!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment