Monday, November 07, 2011

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen


I thoroughly enjoyed this novel.  It felt the emotions along with the characters and I ached for the animals, Walter, and Camel.  I look forward to watching the movie and comparing it to the book, although I cringe at the prospect of some of the scenes the movie might portray from the book.  I had the joy of reading most of this book by flashlight after Winter Storm Alfred knocked our power out for a whole week (torture!).  Once I read the first chapter, I couldn't put it down so maybe it's a good thing the power went out?! 

This book was very well written and worth the 2 month wait at the library for it.  It's historical fiction and depicts life in the traveling circus by train.  The author captures your attention from the very first chapter and keeps your attention throughout.  You can relate to the characters and what they are going through.  I empathized with them, got angry, sad, and elated with them.  This is the type of novel that I love.  I don't want to give too much away, but I really hope you'll read it BEFORE you see the movie. :)

P.S. I know I've been an MIA blogger...my netbook is uber slow these days and I'm now blocked at work from blogging on my lunchbreak.  BAH-humbug IT controls!!  I'll try to be a better blogger, though. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment