Thursday, September 17, 2009

We're Back!


Ok, we've been back for almost two weeks now, but I have been too tired/lazy to post. Our trip was definitely an adventure, but not 100% what we had hoped for as our last big trip before becoming parents. The food on the cruise ship wasn't as good as usual (perhaps due to budget cuts??), Alexi caught a cold on the cruise and ended up passing it along to me, and we spent most of the last half of our cruise avoiding Tropical Storm Erica.

We realized we were traveling in prime Hurricane season, but after Tropical Storm Hanna showed up in Connecticut on our wedding day what were the chances we'd experience another tropical storm on our 1st anniversary trip?! Apparently pretty good! We still made the most of our time together away from it all and the cloudy skies during the last half of the trip probably spared me from some serious sun damage. :)

I'm now 12 weeks and 4 days pregnant and feeling good. The fatigue is slowly fading and I'm not as queasy anymore when I get hungry. I was really fortunate that I didn't have morning sickness that bad, but I am sure ready to get some energy back again! I start the 2nd trimester on Sunday which scares me a bit...the time is flying by so quickly and we have so much to do still! I've now told all my teammates at work about the pregnancy and the rumors are already flying fast across the whole floor.

We did finally pick a theme for the nursery (frogs and ducks) and found a crib bedding set. I'm going to order it a little at a time with coupons friends have been giving me. Once the first peice arrives we'll use it to pick out paint colors for the nursery. :)

Here is the set we are getting:
Stay tuned for pics and an overview of our vacation with lots and lots of pictures. I think the most beautiful islands we saw (besides Puerto Rico) were St. Maarten and St. Lucia. I was least impressed with Barbados, but snorkeling with sea turtles there was incredible.

H

2 comments:

Kendra said...

You'll be back to yourself before you know it, just with a bigger belly.

Crystal said...

Cute bedding set, can't wait to see your vacation pics!

Post a Comment