Sunday, June 10, 2012

10 Things I Forgot About Having a Newborn


A somewhat graphic and TMI list that I know my fellow moms can appreciate and for all my friends who may one day become a mom and need a reference:

1. How absolutely delicious new babies smell.
2. How bad it hurts when your milk first comes in.
3. How magical and precious late night nursing sessions can be.
4. Projectile poop. Nothing more to say there. It isn't just vomit ladies!
5. How you fall in love with your husband all over again watching him hold his newborn baby.
6. Sleep deprivation. Okay, I really didn't forget about it, but you do get used to it and it doesn't seem as bad the second time around.
7. Little baby dream noises.
8. The first postpartum poo. Colace. Colace. Colace. It can be scarring.
9. After pains can be as bad as labor. Especially for a nursing mom. Oh, and the more babies you have, the worse they are.
10. How quickly you fall completely in love with such a tiny little person.

Okay, I thought of two more so I'm adding them in. :)

11. Night sweats. Holy hormones going crazy.
12. The crick in your neck you get from watching baby nurse.

Just a quick post to let you all know I still exist. Coming soon: birth story, pictures, and reveal of baby R 2.0 :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment