Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Once-A-Month Cooking: Round #3


For this round we had gotten a little bored eating the same recipes that I did for rounds 1 and 2, so I opted to try a few new recipes from my book and ventured to the other meal plans to experiment. I even got A.R. to agree to try a fish dish with shrimp in it (he isn't a huge fish fan). I also wanted to try to make the recipes a little bit healthier, so any recipe that called for ground beef I mixed in half ground beef and half ground turkey. I've tried about half of the meals so far that have half ground beef, half ground turkey and they taste just as delicious.

For this round I cooked a total of 21 recipes and did most of them on my day off during the week (Wednesday) and split the rest up on a Tuesday evening with a nursing break in the middle to put M down for the night. It wasn't too bad or nearly as exhausting as doing it when I was 9 months pregnant, but I still think cooking all the recipes in one day would be a bit much for me. I did the shopping on a Sunday afternoon at just my local grocery store when it would be less crowded. I think I have the grocery list making and shopping down to science as I do the list based on where the items are located in the store together. It cuts the shopping time in half.

These are the recipes I made during Round #3 (feel free to comment if you'd like any of them emailed to you):
Beef Recipes-
Green Chili Enchiladas (a favorite from round #1)
Baked Beans & Hamburger
Rosie's Meatloaf (love this meatloaf recipe even with ground turkey)
Marinated Flank Steak
Beef Goulash
Playoff Burgers
Farmer's Casserole
Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf
Ravioli Soup

Chicken Recipes-
Herbed Chicken
Chicken Packets (Yummy, great for kids, can be served hot or cold, also good for lunches)
Chicken Tetrazzini (a favorite from the 1st round)
Lemon Chicken
Chicken & Rice Pilaf (another favorite from the 1st round- it is a little salty)
Cranberry Chicken
Karen's BBQ Chicken
Chicken Cacciatore

Pork Recipes-
Stuffed Pork Chops (one of our favorites!)
Caraway Pot Roast (Delicious and easy to do in the crock pot)
Slow-Cooker Fall Pork Roast

Fish Recipe-
Fiesta Shrimp (I was not a fan of this recipe, but it was ok)

0 comments:

Post a Comment