Friday, March 19, 2010

Three Decades


I've been alive three whole decades now...and it sounds so weird to say that I'm thirty. It just doesn't roll off my tongue as well as twenty "something" did. :) My birthday was last Sunday (the 14th, for those who don't want to do the math) and I spent it resting and attending A.R.'s cousin's baby shower. We didn't get the invitation until the weekend before, so our planned dinner to celebrate my birthday was post poned until last night. Being 9 months pregnant and losing an hour due to daylight savings pretty much guaranteed that I'd manage only enough energy to attend the baby shower.
On Wednesday, A.R. surprised me at my mother-in-law's with a delishous cake from a local bakery that was a copy of our wedding cake. Yummy! It was white cake with rasberry cream filling- my favorite. Then, last night we went out to dinner together at Wood 'n Tap which is a local restaurant we both love and happens to be where we went on our very first date four years ago. :)

I'll look back fondly on my twenties as it was the decade I feel I grew and learned the most about myself and I became the woman I am today. It wasn't all sunshine and rainbows in my twenties, but I have a lot of memories and moments that make me, me. I had my heart broken, I laughed, I cried, I made friends for life, I lost close friends, my grandmother passed away (the 1st death in my family close to my heart), I made a career for myself, I earned a BS and an MBA degree, I bought my first condo, I sold that condo, I got pregnant, I bought a house, I lost my childhood cat to cancer, I adopted two great dogs, and I met and married my soul mate. Boy have I come a long, long way...

and with this post, I celebrate my 100th post to my blog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment