Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Two new recipes a success!


Last Friday I had a dear friend over for dinner and used her as a guinea pig to try out two new recipes. One is from a blog I follow with hundreds of slow cooker recipes and the other is from the Food Network magazine. Both came out absolutely delicious!
The first recipe I tried was for a Coconut Beef Roast. The only things I changed was using pre-ground ginger instead of freshly grinding it and I used chili powder instead of chili paste. I don't like spicy and was concerned that using the paste would make it too spicy for me. I must say that I was a bit skeptical about coconut milk in a recipe for red meat, but as I mixed the spices with the meat, lime juice, and coconut milk it smelled amazing. I cooked the meat for 8 hours on low and it came out tender, juicy, and delicious. I served the Beef over whole grain rice with baby carrots.
I also tried out a recipe from the Food Network magazine for a knock-off of Red Lobster's famous cheddar biscuits (which, sadly, I have never had) called Almost-Famous Cheddar Biscuits. Mine sure didn't look like the photo, but they tasted great. I think mine were flatter because I used whole wheat flour instead of regular white flour and I may have processed the mix too much in my food processor. It was my first attempt at finally figuring out how to work my food processor and I think I got a little trigger happy with the pulsing. :)

Bon Appetite!

1 comments:

The Little Miss said...

YUMMY!
what a beautiful blog! Just love it! You are so clever and love all your posts!

If you get a chance come check me out too! I have a new and amazing giveaway every Monday and have a great one going on now! I also just made a fun e-magazine thats full of fun discounts to amazing shops! :) So check it out!
xo
littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com

Post a Comment